Featured RecipeOnion Soup au Gratin
Browse Recipes by Category
Enjoy your favorite recipe with wines selected by Jacques Franey, Pierre's son. Contact Domaine Franey.
Clams with Linguini
INGREDIENTS18 cherrystone clams
1/2 pound small zucchini
2-4 red ripe tomatoes, about 3/4 pound, peeled
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons finely minced garlic
1/8 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
Salt to taste, if desired
Freshly ground pepper to taste
18 whole basil leaves, rinsed and patted dry
1/2 pound freshly made or dried linguini
PREPARATION1. Shuck clams or have them shucked. Reserve the juice and clams separately. Chop or slice clams coarsely. There should be about 1 cup chopped clams and 2 cups juice.
2. Trim off ends of zucchini. Cut zucchini lengthwise into quarters and each quarter into thin slices crosswise. There should be about 2 cups.
3. Cut tomatoes into 1/2-inch lengths.
4. Bring 2-1/2 quarts water to a boil.
5. Heat olive oil in a skillet and add garlic and pepper flakes. Cook briefly, stirring (do not burn the garlic) and add zucchini and tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and stir. Add reserved clam juice. Bring to a boil and add the basil leaves.
6. Drop linguini into the boiling water. If the pasta is fresh cook 1 to 1-1/2 minutes; if dried, cook about 9 minutes or to desired degree of doneness. Drain quickly.
7. Put linguini in the sauce and add clams. Toss to blend. Serve immediately.