Featured RecipeBaked Clams with Pine Nuts
Browse Recipes by Category
Enjoy your favorite recipe with wines selected by Jacques Franey, Pierre's son. Contact Domaine Franey.
Pork Chops with Lentils
Watch Pierre demonstrate this recipe on his cooking show, Cuisine Rapide: Nuts About Lentils and scroll to the 16-minute mark.
INGREDIENTS8 lean pork loin chops (about 2 pounds), each about ½ inch thick
Salt to taste
Freshly ground pepper
¼ cup flour
1 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
½ cup finely chopped onion
½ cup dry white wine
½ cup fresh or canned chicken broth
2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley
Lentils with Tomato Sauce
PREPARATION1. Sprinkle the chops on both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Blend the flour with the paprika in a shallow dish. Dredge the chops on both sides in the mixture and shake off the excess.
3. Heat the oil in a very heavy skillet and add the chops. Cook over medium-high heat until well browned on one side, about 8 minutes. Turn the chops and continue cooking about 8 minutes or until done.
4. Remove the chops to a warm platter.
5. Pour off most of the fat from the pan and add the onion. Cook, stirring, until wilted. Add the wine and broth, stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan. Cover over high heat about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the mustard and parsley.
6. Serve with Lentils with Tomato Sauce.