Featured RecipeSole Fillets with Sesame Seeds
Browse Recipes by Category
Enjoy your favorite recipe with wines selected by Jacques Franey, Pierre's son. Contact Domaine Franey.
Chicken Breasts with Garlic and Balsamic Vinegar
from Cuisine Rapide , page 112
This is a family favorite! Be careful not to overcook the chicken breasts.
INGREDIENTS4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, about 1-¼ pounds
Salt to taste
Freshly ground pepper to taste
¾ pound small to medium mushrooms
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
6 cloves garlic, peeled
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
¾ cup fresh or canned chicken broth
1 bay leaf
½ teaspoon minced fresh thyme or ¼ teaspoon dry
1 tablespoon butter
PREPARATION1. If the chicken breasts halves are connected, separate fillets and cut away any membranes or fat. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
2. Rinse the mushrooms; drain and pat dry.
3. Season the flour with salt & pepper and dredge the chicken breasts in the mixture. Shake off the excess.
4. Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat and cook the chicken breasts until nicely browned on one side, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic cloves.
5. Turn the chicken pieces and scatter the mushrooms over them. Continue cooking, shaking the skillet and redistributing the mushrooms so that they cook evenly. Cook about 3 minutes and add the balsamic vinegar, broth, bay leaf, and thyme.
6. Cover tightly and cook over medium-low heat 10 minutes. Turn the pieces occasionally as they cook.
7. Transfer the pieces to a warm serving platter and cover with foil. Cook the sauce with the mushrooms , uncovered, over medium-high heat about 7 minutes. Swirl in the butter.
8. Discard the bay leaf. Pour the mushrooms and sauce over the chicken and serve.